Facts, Facts, and Nothing But the Facts
The information below is factual and can be verified on http://www.lacourt.org. We chose not to reveal the details until we hear Marc Ching and the lies he will tell in an attempt to rescue himself.
THE INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THIS WEBSITE CONTAINS ONLY AN EXTRACTION FROM THE COURT RECORD. IT IS PROVIDED FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY AND IS NOT A FULL AND COMPLETE RECORD OF COURT PROCEEDINGS.
Marc Ching Arrest and Conviction Specifications
- Defendant Name: Ching, Marc.
- Case Number: XNEGA043136-05
- Criminal Case Number: GA043136
- DOB: 12/12/1978
- Age at arrest:22
- Age at Conviction:23
- Marc Chings Residence (City) Including previous
Sherman Oaks, CA
Las Vegas, NV
Event Dates: Pasadena Courthouse
- Violation Date: June 23, 2000
- Charges Filed: June 27, 2000
- Arraigned: September 21, 2000
- Bail Amount: $530,000 (Adjusted for inflation would be $750,000 in 2017)
- Bail Posted: July 3, 2000
Marc Ching Originally Charged with California Penal Code Violations
- 209.A – Kidnapping 2 Counts – Section 209(a) of the California Penal Code makes it a crime to seize, confine, conceal, or hold a person for ransom or reward, or to commit extortion to obtain money or other valuable property from another.
- 209.B –Kidnapping – above + for reward;
- 211 – Robbery 2 Counts – Robbery is the felonious taking of personal property in the possession of another, from his person or immediate presence, and against his will, accomplished by means of force or fear.
- 245.A – Assault With A Deadly Weapon– Any person who commits an assault upon the person of another with a deadly weapon or instrument other than a firearm
- 207.A – Kidnapping – Every person who forcibly, or by any other means of instilling fear, steals or takes, or holds, detains, or arrests any person in this state, and carries the person into another country, state, or county, or into another part of the same county, is guilty of kidnapping.
Marc Ching’s alleged plea deal with the D.A. – Pleaded guilty to one count 207.A
- Plead Guilty to Penal Code 207.A: October 13, 2000
- Sentencing date: January 3, 2001
- Sentenced to: 11 years In California State Prison
- Released from Prison on or around: March 2, 2007